Business Against Crime South Africa (BACSA)
Business Against Crime South Africa (BACSA) was established in 1996 in a response to a call from the then President Mandela for the business community to become involved in the fight against crime.
BACSA’s vision is to be one of Government’s strategic partners in leveraging a rapid and substantial reduction in crime, to enable a safe and secure South Africa.
BACSA’s mission is to support and to influence Government to rapidly and substantially reduce the levels of crime in South Africa:
- Through gaining a deep level of understanding of, and contributing towards, Government’s overarching strategic objectives and priorities;
- Through the deployment of appropriate business skills to facilitate the enduring enhancement of structures, organisation, systems and processes in the relevant Government departments;
- Through assisting Government to implement a carefully defined portfolio of projects which measurably improve JCPS performance and institutionalise best practices;
- Through the transfer of appropriate business and process skills relating to governance, management and leadership;
- Through mobilising businesses to enhance practices to combat crime.