Institute of Risk Management SA
The Institute of Risk Management was formed through the amalgamation of The Society of Risk Managers (SRM) and The South African Risk and Insurance Manager Association (SARIMA) in September 2003.
Operating from permanent offices in Johannesburg with a full time staff, it is a registered non-profit organisation representing individuals and companies committed to the enhancement of the Risk Management discipline in its widest context - enterprise-wide.
Effective Risk Management integrated across the enterprise was not only mandated in the King ll report on Corporate Governance but is the cornerstone to building a robust and successful business strategy, irrespective of the size of the organisation.
The Institute has embodied the essence of this principle in delivery of a range of services including:
- Professional accreditation of individual members
- A forum for discussion of and interaction on current risk issues
- A credible platform enabling practitioners to speak on matters affecting the discipline
- Research and project development
- Education and training
- Opportunities for networking and professional development through conferences, briefings and topic focused workshops