Asset Management Solutions
Mobile vehicle inspection and Household Surveys
Asset Management Solutions are the largest independent surveying company in South Africa. With well over 100 surveyors and an extensive national footprint we offer the following services:
· Full mobile vehicle inspection for motor insurance and policy holders alike.
· Full household risk and inventory services with replacement costing.
o Full risk analysis.
· Private and commercial property insurance replacement surveys.
These services along with the credibility of a business that has been operational since 1999 has made Asset Management Solutions (AMS) a highly reliable partner to the insurance industry in South Africa as well as an extremely convenient option for the man in the street.
Benefits for the Policy Holder
We are very aware that most people lead very stressful, hectic lives, something that is unfortunately a real part of our world today. For this exact reason we have ensured complete convenience with a number of key benefits for policy holders:
- A fully mobile vehicle inspection: We will, at your convenience, arrange to have the inspection done wherever you will be at an agreed time
- Quick and easy: The inspections takes no longer than 15 minutes with the inspector ensuring you are also left with a copy. This we can email to you should you prefer
- National coverage: We cover all major and secondary centres in South Africa. (Please see the map of our coverage)
- A free inspection. If we are sent a request by your insurer or broker we will bill them directly.
- An enhanced claims experience: Because your insurer has got details of your inspection, if and when you claim, they are able to process your claim considerably quicker
- Confidentiality: The inspection information, which is kept strictly confidential, is sent directly back to your Insurer or broker
Benefits for Insurers
"The Insurance industry in South Africa has for many years understood the obvious benefits of physically seeing and validating their new business motor risks at policy inception or underwriting stage, as some would refer to it.
With short term insurance being highly competitive Insurers have had to find a cost effective, customer friendly way of inspecting and managing these risks. With our National coverage and full mobile service we have been able to meet this challenge for the industry."
Ron Wells - National Operations Manager.
Prevention is better than Claim
A snapshot of inspection analysis for the South African short term motor Insurance Market:
- 32% of all inspected cars had obvious existing body damage
- 4% of instructions to inspect are for vehicles that have already been sold
- 3% of instructions to inspect are for vehicles that have already been stolen
- 9% of instructions to inspect are for vehicles that have already been in an accident or have already been written off
- 11% of clients actively avoid the inspection
- 8% of clients refuse an inspection
Telematics Technology – Supply and Install
AMS (Asset Management Solutions) the largest independent surveying company in SA and Scope Technologies, a global leader in the telematics technology space, formed a partnership in May 2012 that is actively and aggressively out to change the telematics or PAYD (Pay as you drive) insurance market in SA.
Says Bernd Veening CEO of AMS, “This is great news for consumers in SA. Low mileage - and safe drivers will stop subsidizing fraudsters, irresponsible and or dangerous drivers. And save up to 50% on their car insurance premiums.”
The linkage between AMS and Scope is a perfect fit. Scope brings the cutting edge technology which is light years ahead of its current rivals in SA and AMS, with its extensive mobile foot print, manages the entire process from supply and fitting the device to compiling and managing the data reports supplied to insurers. (All data is web based with full access in real time to insurers.)
Both Scope and AMS share an enviable 30 years of experience in their core businesses, between them. The technology, literally a “plug and play” web based marvel, set up for insurers, is turning heads within underwriting departments globally. By collecting real time driver data, insurers are equipped with an array of new insights into risks at driver level. This allows the insurer to become highly competitive in its selected market segments, improving profitability through active customer retention or pricing strategies, based on actual real time driver behavior. The obvious benefits of lower premiums for less mileage driven or a less risky driving behavior is a clear win win situation for both insurer as well as the hard working customer.
With DriveProfiler, Telematics and UBI (User Based Insurance) combined in a single unique solution. DriveProfiler provides the prefect set of tools with which to structure, monitor and manage UBI. DriveProfiler is a combination of leading cutting edge technology, data gathering expertise, actuarial analytical skills, motor insurance expertise and UBI experience.
The device or drive sensor used is simply installed, on a mobile basis for client convenience, by the AMS network of mobile installers, into the vehicle OBD-ll port. Activation is on site with data being accessed and usable immediately. This technology has already been tested and proven in multiple markets globally, having been fitted to some 300 000 vehicle since 2005. With an array of value added customer services along with automatic accident detection, it is no wonder insurers are looking at this solution to get ahead of the competitive curve.
Veening adds, “We have approached a set of leading insurers within SA, all of whom see the obvious benefits and have expressed a desire to establish an internal POC (proof of concept) within their own segments. Two leading SA insurers are currently establishing these POC’s. With the technology available to offer such a comprehensive, convenient, ‘plug and play’ device such as this, we expect, as is currently happening globally, an aggressive move by insurers in SA to establish the lead on such innovation.”
You can contact Bernd Veening on 0824465745 for further information.