Satrix scoops 10 SALTA awards including South Africa's favourite ETF
Satrix’s Top 40 ETF was yesterday named South Africa's favourite exchange-traded fund (ETF) for the fourth consecutive year at the 2021 South African Listed Tracker Funds Awards (SALTA). The index investment industry leader scooped 10 SALTA awards, with the wins coming just two weeks after Satrix was named Morningstar's 2021 Best Large Fund House.
Helena Conradie, CEO of Satrix, says, "As an investment business, our core driver is access for all South Africans no matter the size of their portfolios or the level of their understanding of investments. Enabling financial inclusion is the part Satrix can play in building our country. Winning the People’s Choice is a real honour because we know that those who voted for us are on their own journey towards investment success and building financial confidence for the future. Satrix is helping them get there."
Twenty years ago, Satrix listed South Africa’s first ETF on the JSE, and through innovation and digital evolution, has remained the leader. Conradie said that winning these awards across various categories demonstrates the focus and consistency of the Satrix team. "We can honestly credit all our success to the people in our business who are passionate about using the power of index investing to grow wealth for our clients."
Conradie says another SALTA Awards highlight was winning four awards for capital raising. "We consistently look for new ways to open up the world's markets and investment opportunities to South African retail and institutional investors. Receiving four awards for inflows in such a challenging time means our offering is resonating and attracting capital."
The SALTAs reward South African ETF issuers for bringing exceptional products to the market and growing the industry. They set the industry benchmark. "Right now, the index investing space is undergoing accelerated growth and transformation. We are excited to be at the forefront of this and are planning to list innovative new ETFs this year," said Conradie.
The full list of awards won by Satrix is:
- People's Choice Award, Favourite ETF by public vote - Satrix 40 ETF
- Best Total Return Performance, SA Equity, 10 years - Satrix Capped INDI ETF
- Best Total Return Performance, SA Equity, 5 years - Satrix RESI ETF
- Best Total Return Performance, SA Equity, 3 years - Satrix RESI ETF
- Best Tracking Efficiency, SA Non-Equity, 3 years - Satrix Property ETF
- Best Capital Raising, Foreign & Commodity, 3 years - Satrix MSCI World ETF
- Best Capital Raising, ETF Issuing House, 3 years - Satrix Managers
- Best Capital Raising, Foreign ETFs, 1 year - Satrix MSCI CHINA ETF
- Best Capital Raising, ETF Issuing House, 1 year - Satrix Managers
- Best Trading Efficiency, Foreign & Commodity, 3 years - Satrix S&P 500 ETF
Satrix manages over R120 billion in assets and offers a strong product offering across South African and global funds.
Breaking News »