It's all about Software-as-a-Service (SaaS)
What is SaaS eCommerce?
SaaS stands for Software-as-a-Service, is a software licensing and delivery model in which software is licensed to a user, it’s a way of delivering services which can be accessed via the internet.
SaaS applications run on a provider’s servers; eCommerce platforms allow you to avoid the need to install and download the sophisticated software and free you from concerns about security and performance of your website, they are cloud-based systems that are accessed through all types of web browsers whenever and wherever there’s an internet connection, providing real-time access.
With SaaS eCommerce, hosting in the cloud means that you can keep your existing settings and it doesn’t require much effort to upgrade. This licensing model is usually a cost-effective way for most businesses as it’s typically sold on a subscription or pay-per-use basis which users pay a monthly fee based on level of service and number of users.
Here are the main benefits of opting for a SaaS eCommerce platform:
- Easy integration: While the platform is the foundation for business, it’s not always the only system used to run all business operations. Whether integration is needed immediately or at a later stage, these platforms are usually easier to integrate with other financial software.
- Easy maintenance: When hosted by a provider, the provider is responsible for software maintenance, hosting, uptime, performance, and speed. All upgrades and updates are done automatically, this translates to significantly easier maintenance, which saves your business time and money.
- Increased security: Due to maintenance and automatic updates, this means the platform will be up to date and protected against vulnerabilities like downtime, data loss, as well as potential hacks.
- Pricing: It’s usually a cost-effective way for most businesses as it’s typically sold on a subscription or pay-per-use basis which users pay a monthly fee based on level of service and number of users.
- Scalability: SaaS eCommerce platforms tend to be more flexible; it can scale alongside the business and offers additional functionality which can be added when needed.
What does hosted mean?
SaaS eCommerce platforms, as mentioned above, are licensed to users. A third-party vendor hosts and maintains the cloud servers used to run the software. Clients can then access the software via an internet browser and pay a monthly subscription fee to use the software. They provide most of the feature or functionality you need out-of-the-box (OOTB) or off the shelf, particularly in the software of a product that works immediately after or even without any special installation without any configuration or modification.
Overall, this hosted service is not only user-friendly but affordable too. Many SMEs can benefit greatly from the use of SaaS platform applications, from convenience to providing an excellent customer experience.
Breaking News »