Image
Icon

Directory

IconAccounting & Tax
IconActuaries
IconAdministrators
IconAppraisers & Valuers
IconArbitration Services
IconASIB
IconAssessors & Loss Adjusters
IconAssist and Lifestyle Benefits
IconAssociations & Institutes
IconAuditors
IconBBBEE Consulting and Verification Agencies
IconBroker Acquisition Financing
IconBrokers for Brokers
IconBusiness Process Management
IconBusiness Process Outsourcing
IconCall Centre Outsourcing & Sales
IconCompany Secretarial Services
IconCompliance
IconConsumer Protection
IconCorporate Governance
IconCredit Bureaus
IconDebit Order Collection Facilities
IconDefensive Driver Training
IconEducation and Training
IconEmergency Medical Rescue
IconFAIS
IconFire, Storm, Flood Damage Specialists
IconForensic Investigation Services
IconHuman Resources
IconIndustrial Cleaners
IconInformation Technology and Software Partners
IconInsurance Companies
IconLegal
IconLightning Damage & Surge Protection Specialists
IconNiche Insurance Products
IconOmbud
IconOutbound Sales
IconOutsourcing Companies
IconPolicy Administration
IconPremium Financing
IconPublic Loss Adjustors
IconPublications
IconRating Agencies
IconReference Books & Material
IconRegulatory Authorities
IconRisk Finance
IconRisk Management
IconRisk Surveyors
IconSalvage Operators
IconSpecialized Claims Investigations & Assessing
IconSurveys and Research
IconTraining Courses & Workshops
IconUnderwriting Managers
IconVehicle Accident Management
IconVehicle and Household Risk Inspection Services
IconVehicle Tracking
IconWellness Programs
IconWholesale Brokers
IconZZZZZZ
Image
  Subscribe To »

SANTAM ACQUIRES 100% OF MIRABILIS ENGINEERING UNDERWRITING MANAGERS

Published

2021

Fri

12

Mar

Santam, South Africa’s largest short-term insurer, will increase its stake in Mirabilis Engineering Underwriting Managers (Mirabilis) by acquiring the remaining 45% shareholding, subject to the fulfilment of conditions precedent for the acquisition of the remaining stake. Santam currently holds a 55% shareholding and the transaction will effectively make Mirabilis a wholly owned subsidiary of Santam.

 

Founded in 2006 by Russell Myers, an engineer by trade, Mirabilis is the leading engineering underwriting manager in South Africa. Russell Myers will retire at the end of June 2021 and Curt Meyer has assumed the CEO leadership role.

 

“Santam is excited by the opportunities that this transaction brings to both Santam and Mirabilis. The transaction will strengthen Mirabilis’ already excellent capability and service offering to the engineering sector in South Africa. Furthermore, it will provide Mirabilis with a significant strategic advantage by leveraging off Santam’s footprint across Africa and in selected international markets,” said Quinten Matthew, the Executive Head of the Santam Specialist Business.

 

Backed by Santam’s reputation and financial strength, Mirabilis will continue to operate as an independent underwriting management business committed to providing the client and intermediary with the very best service and solutions.

 
Source: Santam
 
« Back to previous page Print this page » |
 

Breaking News »

Technical Excellence – Principles and Practice

Technical excellence is a term that is often cited in insurance, and especially so in relation to AGCS’s international clients with their complex risk profiles. But while it is frequently used, what does ...
Read More »

  

SAIA Bulletin -  March 2021

From the Desk of the Chief Executive: Viviene Pearson   In ...
Read More »

  

First edition of the Ombudsman’s Briefcase for 2021

In our first edition of the Ombudsman’s Briefcase for 2021 we take this opportunity to wish you a safe and prosperous year ahead. We face this year with a little more hope having emerged from a second wave ...
Read More »

  

POPIA 101

All businesses with employees, customers and suppliers must comply with POPIA, which comes into effect on 1 July 2021. Here is a practical guide to the most important aspects   With the commencement ...
Read More »

 

More News »

Image

Healthcare »

Image

Investment »

Image

Life »

Image

Retirement »

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

From The Glossary »

Icon

Approved Reinsurance Policy:

Any proportional and non-proportional short-term reinsurance policy which remains in force until the liabilities under the policies reinsured has expired. A foreign reinsurance policy will only be regarded as approved if the reinsured has: _ received a deposit from the reinsurer or has retained a deposit against balances owing to the reinsurer; or _ received from a local bank an irrevocable guarantee in the form prescribed by the Registrar; or _ ...
More Definitions »

 

Advertise

 

eZine

 

Contact IG

 

Media Pack

 

RSS Feeds

By using this website you agree to the Terms of Use.
Copyright © Insurance Gateway (Pty) Ltd 2004 - 2021. All Rights Reserved.